projects & ideas
Disaster Diplomacy Feedback
in association with
Radix: Radical Interpretations of and Solutions for Disasters
If you have material for, questions about, or suggestions related to disaster diplomacy, please contact:
Post: IRDR, UCL, Gower Street, London, England, WC1E 6BT
Find more disaster diplomacy through:
- Kelman, I. 2012. Disaster Diplomacy: How Disasters Affect Peace and Conflict. Routledge, Abingdon, U.K.
- Kelman, I. 2016. Catastrophe and Conflict: Disaster Diplomacy and Its Foreign Policy Implications. Brill, Leiden, the Netherlands.
Facebook Group: you must be signed into Facebook to access it.
Instagram: Follow @ILANKELMAN for #DisasterDiplomacy posts.
Sound files from Eilif Ursin Reed interviewing Ilan Kelman in 2012:
- What is disaster diplomacy? (WAV file, 8,634 kb, 50 seconds)
- What separates disaster diplomacy from ordinary diplomacy? (WAV file, 8,257 kb, 48 seconds).
- Is it a perception that disasters can bring countries traditionally seen as enemies closer together? (WAV file, 12,135 kb, 70 seconds).
- In what way can pushing for disaster diplomacy damage diplomatic relations? (WAV file, 22,252 kb, 129 seconds).
- What role did the media play in the aftermath of the Bam earthquake in Iran? (WAV file, 18,737 kb, 108 seconds).
- What recommendations emerge from disaster diplomacy studies? (WAV file, 3,869 kb, 22 seconds).
Twitter: Follow @ILANKELMAN for #DisasterDiplomacy tweets.
- Advancing Global Resilience and Fostering Cross-border Cooperation through Disaster Diplomacy Effort at the EuroScience Open Forum in 2020.
- COVID-19 and Disaster Diplomacy with Scott Gabriel Knowles and Ilan Kelman in 2020.
- Disaster Diplomacy and Community Based Adaptation with Florent Baarsch. interviewing Ilan Kelman in 2011.
- UCL Minds Lunch Hour Lecture by Ilan Kelman in 2015.
The material on the disaster diplomacy website is provided as only an information source. Neither definitive advice nor recommendations are implied. Each person or organisation accessing the website is responsible for making their own assessment of the topics discussed and are strongly advised to verify all information. No liability will be accepted for loss or damage incurred as a result of using the material on this website. The appearance of external links on this website does not constitute endorsement of the organisations, information, products, or services contained on that external website.